Shopping in Charleston SC: Local Artisans and Crafts!
Charleston is a shopping mecca! There are dozens of amazing places to go shopping in Charleston SC. There is the old city market, the boutique and upscale stores on King Street, the outlets in North Charleston and so much more. Charleston has a rich history and deep love of the arts. It’s impossible to walk through downtown without seeing dozens of local art shops, street vendors and craft stores. Make sure to get a handcrafted souvenir from your Charleston vacation from a local merchant.
The French Quarter of Charleston is home to dozens of art galleries and vendors. When staying at the French Quarter Inn make sure to check out the Charleston Crafts Cooperative Gallery located right around the corner. The Charleston Crafts Cooperative is a gallery owned and operating by members, and features crafts made only by residents of South Carolina. With over thirty members in the cooperative, there is a large selection of arts using all sorts of techniques to enjoy. All sorts of amazing arts and crafts can be found inside the gallery including:
- Incredible pottery by Miyako Fujiwara.
- Sculptural pieces made out of traditional origami techniques by Regina Semko.
- Knitted and Crocheted handbags from Iryna Toney.
- Stunning wooden bowls and pieces from Kenneth Teague.
- Hand Cut wooden jigsaw piece sculptures from Daniel Diehl.
- Fabulous scarves by Suzanne Bates that use Shibori hand-dying techniques from Japan.
- Inspirational and Beautiful photography from Mount Pleasant Native Jennifer Daly.
Make sure to check out this amazing gallery when you stay at the French Quarter Inn in downtown Charleston SC. The French Quarter Inn is an award-winning boutique hotel with amazing accommodations and amenities like Champagne upon check in, an evening wine and cheese reception, gourmet continental breakfast that can be delivered to guest’s hotel room and much more. Their upscale hotel is the perfect spot for a downtown vacation with tons of luxury.